1.6.0 sometime late next week

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Nov 22 18:35:41 PST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:37 PM, Randall Wood wrote:

>> 	Another thing I forgot to say: I don't currently have a Panther
>> machine I can use, so I don't see it as likely that I'll be
>> building a dmg for OS (and, for that matter, I don't have a Tiger
>> one at the moment either, but I'm more than sure that'll be much
>> simpler to come by).
>>
>> 	So if anyone has a Panther box, has an interest for a dmg for that
>> platform and feels like lending a hand, please do coordinate with
>> me to put together that dmg. Chris, you still have your Panther box?
>>
>> 	If we don't come by one I'll simply remove mention of it from the
>> new website and will tell stragglers that we simply don't have the
>> resources to produce it.
>
> Is there any reason not to simply state that Panther users need to
> download the 1.5.2 disk image and install from that and ensure that
> selfupdate is run (if it isn't already run during the install from
> the disk image)?

	That's certainly an alternative, sure. If we don't get anyone to
produce a Panther dmg for 1.6.0 we could definitely go that way.
Thanks for the suggestion.

> Also is there any reason not to use our sourceforge site as the
> download source?

	Sorry, didn't remember we had a presence there ;-) How would we go
about using it? We would still get our release products up on our own
site & repository, but if we can also leverage the sourceforge
distribution engine, then by all means! Can you please coordinate that?

	Regards,...

-jmpp