1.6.0 sometime late next week

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sat Nov 24 21:58:02 PST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Randall Wood wrote:

>> I didn't know we had a presence on SourceForge. They have lots of
>> services: downloads, issue tracker, mailing lists, web site. Should
>> we start using those as well? I would say no. We already have an
>> issue tracker, mailing lists, and web site through Mac OS Forge,
>> and we have thus far hosted downloads there as well. Let's continue
>> to host downloads and everything else with Mac OS Forge as well. If
>> Mac OS Forge's download system is insufficient, we should bring
>> that up with Mac OS Forge management, not jump ship to SourceForge.
>> I think we shouldn't be using SourceForge for anything. Not that I
>> have anything against them at all. We just already have
>> alternatives. Let's keep everything in one place.

	I'm not advocating we move any of our services anywhere, our
relationship with Mac OS Forge is only improving by the day ;-) We
will keep using all our regular services on our kind host, including
our existing download venues. I did suggest, however, that we:

> The only really possibly useful service for us that SourceForge (SF)
> has is that massive geographically dispersed mirrored download
> service.

	Leverage SoureForge's geographically distributed download mirrors in
addition to Mac OS Forge's servers, just for higher availability.

	Regards,...

-jmpp