Buildfarm try

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Oct 17 23:21:55 PDT 2007

Simon Ruderich wrote:

> My current idea is to get a list of all ports ("port list") and then
> build
> each port after another. Before each new build all other ports are
> removed
> ("port uninstall installed"). The output of port is parsed and then
> based on
> this saved in a database which is then used to create the html files.
>
> It would also be good if maintainers could mark a port fixed so it's
> removed
> from the failure list.
>
> But the best thing would be if the buildfarm is linked to the svn tree
> and
> just tries to rebuild new or failed ports so we always know which ones
> are
> failing. I already have some ideas for this and will try to integrate
> it in my
> new approach I'm currently working on.
>
> The only problem is that some ports (like gtk2) need a long time to
> build so
> maybe they shouldn't be removed after each port build.
>
> What do you think of my ideas?

You will find some scripts that help with building ports "in order"
and reusing results from previous builds in the portmgr section...

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/
packaging

They recreate the entire chroot rather than `port uninstall installed`
and of course they haven't been updated since DarwinPorts and 10.2/6.0.

--anders