EXC_BAD_ACCESS exceptions

Denis Tkachov denys_tkachov at mail.ru
Wed Oct 24 01:06:15 PDT 2007

I am building crossplatform library with test application for it. All works
great under Windows, but I have problems under Mac OS X:
Sometimes program terminates unexpectedly due to EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception.
Those exceptions are risen in std libraries code. That is very strange
situation because:
      1. Under windows same code works correct.
      2. Exception rises in different places after minor changes in code.
And what is very suspicious is that often code that were actually changed
does not affect code where exception is thrown. For instance – there were
situations when I added some tracing using cout end EXC_BAD_ACCESS began to
raise in other place. Some times same code works, sometimes not!
      3. If I separate class/classes where I get EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception in
runtime to a separate application, I never get such exceptions in that
application.

I build my application using Xcode v3.0. Due to suggestion on one forum I
have turned optimization off.
No more info about crash is available, just 'Program receives signal:
"EXC_BAD_ACCESS" '

Does anybody have an idea?