EXC_BAD_ACCESS exceptions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 24 01:11:23 PDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 03:06, Denis Tkachov wrote:

> I am building crossplatform library with test application for it.
> All works
> great under Windows, but I have problems under Mac OS X:
> Sometimes program terminates unexpectedly due to EXC_BAD_ACCESS
> exception.
> Those exceptions are risen in std libraries code. That is very strange
> situation because:
>       1. Under windows same code works correct.
>       2. Exception rises in different places after minor changes in
> code.
> And what is very suspicious is that often code that were actually
> changed
> does not affect code where exception is thrown. For instance –
> there were
> situations when I added some tracing using cout end EXC_BAD_ACCESS
> began to
> raise in other place. Some times same code works, sometimes not!
>       3. If I separate class/classes where I get EXC_BAD_ACCESS
> exception in
> runtime to a separate application, I never get such exceptions in that
> application.
>
> I build my application using Xcode v3.0. Due to suggestion on one
> forum I
> have turned optimization off.
> No more info about crash is available, just 'Program receives signal:
> "EXC_BAD_ACCESS" '
>
> Does anybody have an idea?

This list is for the discussion of the development of the MacPorts
base software and the MacPorts portfiles. General purpose Mac
software development discussion is off-topic here. Furthermore, Xcode
3 is (until October 26th) unreleased software, so you're not allowed
to discuss it here or in any other public forum (and neither is
anyone else). If you're part of the Leopard seed program, I believe
you'll find you're under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).