*-devel ports

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Thu Feb 7 05:50:03 PST 2008

On 2008-02-07 22:08:57 +0900, js wrote:
> I agree with you,
> but I think that the situation that devel-ver < stable-ver is very
> rare. I've never seen it. (By newer, you means the version number is
> greater, right?)

It happens for tin almost each time a new stable version is released
(because it is released before new development work starts). The same
thing seems to happen with zsh:

  http://zsh.dotsrc.org/News/

4.2.0 (stable) was released on 2004-03-19, a 4.3 (unstable) series was
announced on 2005-02-08, and the first 4.3-based version (4.3.1) was
released on 2006-02-28. So, for almost two years, the latest version
(in term of features and bug fixes) was a stable release!

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>