Patches awaiting review

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu May 8 15:22:56 PDT 2008

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> I've got a bunch of bugfix patches on Trac which need reviewing. It
>> would be nice to get as many of them as possible into the upcoming
>> release.
>
> As jmpp mentioned, there will probably be two releases: one "old/
> bugfix" release of MacPorts 1.6.1 and one "new/feature" release of
> MacPorts 1.7.0

We already have this 1.6.1 milestone in the roadmap. Depending how fast
we can sort out these tickets, I would even vote to delay them for
1.6.2. We really need a release again ASAP. There are enough unreleased
changes on release_1_6 already.

Diffing tags/release_1_6_0 with branches/release_1_6:
   * Fixed postflight script (we should also do new pkg installers)
   * port lint recognizes modelines
   * port load/unload (isn't this a new feature which should go with a
     major release?)
   * port platform (the same, new feature?)
   * configure.pipe

I think these alone would make a good 1.6.1 release.

> Currently the bugfixes go on branches/release_1_6, while the features
> go on trunk (usually, large changes might need a branch for testing
> first)

Bugfixes also go to trunk but will be merged back to release_1_6 :-)

> There was some talk about a roadmap, but I haven't seen one just yet.

Categorizing the tickets filed against our base code in milestones for
1.6.1, 1.6.2, ... and 1.7.0 would be a good start.

Rainer