Restructuring Python ports?

Akira Kitada akitada at macports.org
Thu Jan 1 21:54:46 PST 2009

I had a good discussion on this with Bryan at #macports.

I proposed that we should change all python ports (python2[4-6] and
maybe python30) to be built
the way just as python ports in FreeBSD port system to make it a
little lightweight and bring consistency
to python ports of MacPorts, even if it will break existing ports.
Bryan declined this by saying "for 3.0 i'll definitely contact mww;
but for 2.4/2.5 i'm not sure of the breakage that will happen".

So it's going to remain the same: all-in-one python26 port and other
sliced python ports.
No intentional breakages are introduced.