cmake portgroup (then kde portgroup)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 16 07:48:15 PST 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 06:13, Orville Bennett wrote:

> A while ago ryan asked if i could make a cmake portgroup and i
> accepted the job, with some trepidation. I have some free time now
> and would like to begin working on that. I'd like some information
> on how to go about doing this portgroup.
>
> disclaimer: it would be totally based on the needs of the kde
> portfiles i'm maintaining, which by the way, are finally ready to
> be widely used now :-)
> If there is anything outside of kde and its dependencies using
> cmake i don't about it.
> Also I'm not mr. über coder guy so wordy documentation on this is a
> plus. I've seen http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/
> _resources/port1.0/group/haskell-1.0.tcl?rev=45388 and i'm still
> confused. :-)
>
> P.S. if you've told me any of this information before i've
> forgotten. This thread is an attempt at preventing that from
> happening once again.
> @ ryan: sorry for taking so long, i hadn't forgotten, was just
> quite busy.

I don't know what documentation we have, but basically you take any
statements that you find yourself repeating over and over again in
portfiles and move them into a portgroup file. Look at the existing
portgroup files for more information.

And yes, there are plenty of non-KDE ports using cmake. You might
want to seek them out and look at them to see if there are ways of
dealing with cmake that you haven't been using in your KDE ports, or
maybe you'll see parts that you thought were common to cmake but
which are only common to your KDE ports (hence probably your thought
of a KDE portgroup next).