[MacPorts] #17783: bind9 9.5.0-P2 add variant +dlz_mysql5

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Fri Jan 23 13:06:57 PST 2009

On Jan 23, 2009, at 10:51 AM, MacPorts wrote:

> #17783: bind9 9.5.0-P2 add variant +dlz_mysql5
> ------------------------------
> +---------------------------------------------
> Reporter:  brad@…            |       Owner:  dluke@…
>     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
>
> Comment(by dluke@…):
>
> Per our email conversation, you wouldn't have had a chance to update
> this
> to pass the mysql include/lib directories into the build instead of
> creating those symlinks would you?

Sorry, I forgot to get back with you. My bad.

So what I was doing was creating a link to the mysql include/lib
directories in work/mysql and adding --with-dlz-mysql=${workpath}/mysql.

I guess this isn't a good idea, right?
This is how php5 is built which is where I got the idea.

BTW, I named it dlz_mysql so if some other port has bind9 as a
dependency and also has a +mysql variant it won't automatically build
bind9 with dlz-mysql.
Is this a good idea or does it even work that way?