cmake and kde4 portgroups

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Jan 25 01:14:49 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:59:57AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt said:
> On Jan 24, 2009, at 14:59, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
[...]
>> can be replaced with the (new in 1.7)
>>
>> extract.mkdir    yes
>>
>> to create it automatically for you.  Though it does it in pre-extract so
>> is
>> kde4 not using it during extract since yours is post-extract?
>
> extract.mkdir was added in MacPorts 1.6.0.

Hmm, so it was; not sure why I was thinking 1.7...

> And here he's not making the directory he wants to extract into; he's
> making the directory he wants to build in. Apparently the kde
> recommendation is to build in a directory outside of the source tree. So
> while "extract.mkdir yes" would make the directory for him, it would also
> cause the extraction to happen in that directory, which is not what he
> wants.
>
> I guess the confusion arises because worksrcdir is supposed to be the
> directory where the source is, but you're changing its meaning to be
> where the build is. Perhaps setting build.dir instead of worksrcdir would
> still work and be clearer. Unless you need the configure phase to run in
> that directory as well, in which case you would also set configure.dir to
> the same value. I forget at the moment whether configure.dir and build.dir
> are relative or absolute paths...

Yeah, that was my confusion having looked at the port group in isolation;
though if a separate build dir is required, the gcc* ports have done this
for ages, which do create the worksrcpath themselves...

[...]
> The line "PortGroup cmake 1.0" at the top of the kde4 portgroup is wrong.
> :)

I was figuring that meant that the kde4 group needs the cmake one, so it
would make an interesting test of recursive port groups...

Bryan