cmake and kde4 portgroups

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 25 00:59:57 PST 2009

On Jan 24, 2009, at 14:59, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> A couple of notes:
>
> For cmake, the bit
>
> configure.pre_args-delete       --prefix=${prefix}
> configure.pre_args-append       -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${prefix}
>
> can be simplified to just
>
> configure.pre_args    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${prefix}

Agree.

> For kde4, I believe the line
>
> post-extract            { file mkdir ${worksrcpath} }
>
> can be replaced with the (new in 1.7)
>
> extract.mkdir    yes
>
> to create it automatically for you.  Though it does it in pre-
> extract so is
> kde4 not using it during extract since yours is post-extract?

extract.mkdir was added in MacPorts 1.6.0.

And here he's not making the directory he wants to extract into; he's
making the directory he wants to build in. Apparently the kde
recommendation is to build in a directory outside of the source tree.
So while "extract.mkdir yes" would make the directory for him, it
would also cause the extraction to happen in that directory, which is
not what he wants.

I guess the confusion arises because worksrcdir is supposed to be the
directory where the source is, but you're changing its meaning to be
where the build is. Perhaps setting build.dir instead of worksrcdir
would still work and be clearer. Unless you need the configure phase
to run in that directory as well, in which case you would also set
configure.dir to the same value. I forget at the moment whether
configure.dir and build.dir are relative or absolute paths...

> Also in kde4, the BUILD_DOC=on in +docs needs to be added to
> something, I'm
> guessing, with a -append?

Right... Is this supposed to be an environment variable? In that
case, "build.env-append BUILD_DOC=on".

And the first word of the description -- "Enables installation of
documentation" -- isn't right. It should read like a radio button
label, so it should begin with "Enable" not "Enables". Or better and
simpler: "Install documentation".

Is "-DKDE_DEFAULT_HOME=Library/Preferences/KDE" correct? Just making
sure, since that's a relative path.

The line "PortGroup cmake 1.0" at the top of the kde4 portgroup is
wrong. :)