GSoC 2010: Call for Mentors

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Mar 11 07:49:18 PST 2010

I don't know much about GSoC, but I'm willing to offer whatever I can
from the perspective of someone who would not physically be there.

I'm not even sure this is an on location "camp" style event.

I only maintain a few ports, have been around MP about a year now, and
that was my first introduction to TCL. Ie: my ability to offer support
at a code level will probably be less than that of any GSoC player
after day one :)

I have years of bash fiddling, strong php skills, and moderate to high
system admin abilities. I do not know well enough C or any of it's
variants, Cocoa, etc to be of assistance there.

I do feel I'm pretty fair ad administrative management and
organizational tasks. So, if there is a need for a body to fill that
area...

I love this project and truly enjoy it. If there is any position no
matter how administrative, boring, or otherwise, I'll step up to the
plate.

--
Scott
(Sent from a mobile device)