GSoC 2010: Call for Mentors

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 11 09:07:27 PST 2010

On 2010-03-11 16:49 , Scott Haneda wrote:
> I don't know much about GSoC, but I'm willing to offer whatever I can
> from the perspective of someone who would not physically be there.
>
> I'm not even sure this is an on location "camp" style event.

No, all communication and work happens online over the summer. Students
work on their projects from May to September and eventually get paid by
Google for that. The mentoring organizations provide mentors with which
students can discuss their problems and from which they get help. At the
end, mentors evaluate the project and decide over success or failure -
which means if they get paid or not.

Hope this explains how this is going to work,
Rainer