can not activate my own port file

Francisc Simon franciscsimon at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 20 10:37:33 PDT 2010

Hi @all,

i'm new to ports and i try to create a own port file everything seems ok with exception of the activation.
I do not know how to change the Makefile or is it enough to run Makefille and use post destroot or something.

I get the following error and do not what to do now i could not find something similar in the documentation.

Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Computing dependencies for eve
--->  Fetching eve
--->  Attempting to fetch eve-0.1.tar.gz from http://download.eve.de/eve/pub/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for eve
--->  Extracting eve
--->  Configuring eve
--->  Building eve
--->  Staging eve into destroot
--->  Installing eve @0.1_0
couldn't change working directory to "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_franciscsimon_Development_eve-0.1_ports_net_eve/work/destroot": no such file or directory
--->  Activating eve @0.1_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: Source file /opt/local/var/macports/software/eve/0.1_0 does not appear to exist (cannot lstat it).  Unable to activate port eve.

Best Regards, Frank

:-)

Thx