can not activate my own port file

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Mar 20 10:51:38 PDT 2010

On 2010-03-20 18:37 , Francisc Simon wrote:
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Computing dependencies for eve
> --->  Fetching eve
> --->  Attempting to fetch eve-0.1.tar.gz from http://download.eve.de/eve/pub/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for eve
> --->  Extracting eve
> --->  Configuring eve
> --->  Building eve
> --->  Staging eve into destroot
> --->  Installing eve @0.1_0
> couldn't change working directory to "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_franciscsimon_Development_eve-0.1_ports_net_eve/work/destroot": no such file or directory

Most probably this software does not support the DESTDIR= parameter for
'make install' [1]. Therefore it installed directly into the prefix
/opt/local, which is very bad. Check any README or INSTALL files if it
mentions DESTDIR= or prefix=. You would have to pass the correct
parameter with destroot.destdir [2].

After fixing this you would have to do a force install to get rid of
those previously directly installed files.

Unfortunately I was unable to download the named distfile above, so I
cannot provide more specific help for this port.

Rainer

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html
[2] http://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases.destroot