[GSoC-2010] MPWA

Pratul Kalia pratul at pratul.in
Tue Mar 23 01:08:20 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:56 AM, William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure making the entire app a Trac plugin would help, and it seems to me like it would just add hurdles to work around. You could create a Trac plugin that adds MPWA data to Trac's UI, but in my opinion, MPWA itself should be a separate app. You can assume both the plugin and the web app have access to each other's database, or you can rely on RPC between the two.
>
> As for SSO, you (and anyone else) should just plan to fake it during GSoC and let me (as the Mac OS Forge admin) integrate it later. Django has a very nice pluggable auth system which makes this easy, so I like that choice personally.

So Django does seem to have the upper hand here. I think a second app
would be fine, but then I would want to replace the current set of PHP
scripts (that make up macports.org) and put that content in the Django
website as well.

As for the way Trac and Django will talk to each other, or if that is
even required, I will need to know what exactly the Django app is
supposed to do. Nevertheless, RPC will be the way to go.

More thoughts, folks?

Thanks
Pratul

--