Permissions for trac's wiki pages

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Oct 24 10:24:59 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-23 11:56 , Marko Käning wrote:
> I just noticed that it is possible for any registered user to create own wiki pages on MacPorts' trac.
>
> I found it strange though that it was not possible to delete a previously created page anymore.
>
> This, I understood, is only allowed to committers.
>
> Is that intended?

Yes.

Deletion is a permanent operation and deletes any history or changelog
for the page. There is no easy way to revert it, so that should be used
with caution.

> I believe if a normal registered user is allowed to create pages, he/she should also be allowed to remove their own pages again.

Who owns a page? The user who started it? The user who contributed the
most? The last user editing the page?

As many people can make edits on a single page it would be bad if
someone else could delete it just because they created it...

> (But, I don't know how isolation between different users is actually implemented, so perhaps this is even not possible to arrange in a safe manner.)

There are no user-specific permissions in Trac AFAIK.

Rainer