caching problem with wget used by MacPorts infrastructure

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed May 18 13:37:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

there is a wget caching trap into which I fell already a few times with tarballs on BitBucket.

When I experimented with tarball packaging and produced new versions of my files the downloading local wget would not realized that the file had changed on the remote server and therefore get the file from its own cache instead downloading the updated version.

I wonder whether one could tell MacPorts somehow to disallow cache for wget using its option '--no-cache'…

Is there anyone out there who noticed the same quirck and knows a solution to the problem?

Greets,
Marko