[90234] trunk/dports/devel/lua-luahpdf/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 26 02:01:14 PDT 2012

On Mar 26, 2012, at 03:48, Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 02:19, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> On Feb 27, 2012, at 05:36, and.damore at macports.org wrote:
>>> Revision: 90234
>> Since this changes what files are installed, the revision should be increased.
>
> Done in r91233.
>
> Formally I see the point, I avoided revision bump since r90234 was
> minutes apart from r90230 that upgraded version and it was unlikely
> someone had installed it in the meanwhile.

The buildbot builds your port immediately after you commit it, and stores that archive on the packages server. Any user who later asks to install the port might receive that pre-compiled archive. So it is important to increase the revision if what you've done will affect the contents of the port, regardless how few seconds have passed since your last commit.