Apache httpd 2.4.x layout

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Mon May 28 21:29:16 PDT 2012

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Nope ... I usually make a <Virtualhost> for htdocs
>> For mysql I symlink into ${prefix}/var/db/mysql55/. MySQL has no problem
>> picking that up after a restart or the server. That makes it possible to
>> re-install MySQL completely without loosing data.
>> I use the others in the <Virtualhost> container to keep those files out
>> of the DocumentRoot.
>
> For the sake of this conversation only, setting up a Virtualhost is effectively setting up an Alias: they're off in whatever directory they wish to be in and you still have to set Directory for both of them.

Well, I described what I _personally_ do, not what the MacPort policy
ought to be. :-)

For the record, I don't even use ${prefix}/www/ for anything
_personally_ as I have quite another file structure I'm using:

/Volumes/Users/<user>/Sites/<gTLD>/<domain>/<server>/html/

where /Volumes/Users/ is a RAID 1 consisting of 2 independent iOmega 1TB
drives. That RAID 1 has served me well as _both_ their power supplies
have gone bad on me at different times !!! ;-)

:-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa