Triggering builds on buildbots just by committing to user directory not possible?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Sep 25 08:50:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

----- On 25 Sep, 2014, at 00:27, Joshua Root jmr at macports.org wrote:

>>> For test builds I would think we want a completely separate MacPorts
>>> installation that uninstalls everything between builds. It could upload
>>> the archives to somewhere separate as well, and probably delete them
>>> from there regularly.

Doing this right is a whole can of worms. For example, a user might branch
a few ports that depend on each other. Imagine I'd branch ports A, B, C,
with dependency relations

  A -> X -> B -> Y -> C

The buildbot would then have to rebuild A, B, and C. But, it would also have
to rebuild X and Y against my versions of A and B, wouldn't it?

--
Clemens Lang