How to deal with tickets on trac with lots of subscribers and lots of trivial additions?

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Wed Jul 15 07:22:34 PDT 2015

On 15.07.2015 04:13 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Is there any sane way to allow "silent changes" in tickets where
> zillions of ports need to be changes (and lots of maintainers have to
> be subscribed)?

No, hence: a comment that is periodically updated (which is quiet when being
edited.)

Developers are required to reply to MP-dev to indicate they changed a port. They
MUST NOT add a comment to the ticket (this would trigger more spam mails.)

If they don't, I'll have to infer changes from the svn log/trac timeline, but
there's no guarantee I'll catch everything.

The developer who created the comment is the only one who may edit this comment.
I think I saw ryan edit other comments (mine) before, but am not sure (and in
any case, this functionality might be reserved for portmgr and it should
probably stay that way. It's likely a global option we don't want to out freely.)

Mihai