freetype +universal fails to install

Bengt Nilsson bengt.nilsson11 at spray.se
Tue Aug 7 05:21:14 PDT 2007

$ port variants freetype
freetype has the variants:
         universal
         bytecode: Build bytecode interpreter into the TrueType driver
         doc: Install extra documentation

When I do

# port edit freetype

I see nothing about "universal" variants in the portfile.
On the other hand, all(?) ports seem to have a "universal" variant.
Where is the scheme for creating universal variants described?