grads fails because gcc40 fails ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 19 15:41:25 PST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 14:21, Barry McInnes wrote:

> we have 10.5.1 and Ports 1.6.0
> gcc43 builds just fine. Is there a way to stop it building gcc4.0 for
> grads and use Mac gcc ?

grads does not depend on gcc40, but one of its dependencies, libnc-
dap, does. And it's not that it needs a newer gcc; it needs a fortran
compiler, which Apple does not provide, which is why it must depend
on one of the MacPorts gcc ports.

I submitted a ticket requesting that libnc-dap stop using gcc40 (and
use only gcc42) 5 months ago:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12253

Would it be OK with the maintainer if we just commit that change now?