Apache on Boot

Salvatore Domenick Desiano sal at ri.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 7 02:38:31 PST 2007

o Let's see, I just did a new apache2 install the other day and ran into this
o problem too. here's what worked for me:
o 	- The ultimate problem, which I found by trying to start apache2
o manually using "apachectl start" was that there is no httpd.conf by default.
o (When you try to start apache, it tells you this).

It took me a minute to figure this out, but I found this earlier, so
it's got to be somehting else. (without this, Apache can't be started
manually, either). Something, I think, is preventing daemondo from
starting the server, but I don't see a facility by which daemondo could
tell me what is wrong.

-- Sal
smile.

  Salvatore Domenick Desiano