Dependency Problem of Upgrading Gnuplot: A Possible Bug

Xin Liu smilerliu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:44:30 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've installed MacTex2007 and added /usr/texbin to $binpath in
macports.conf. Then I've got no problem installing gnuplot, i.e. it
does not try to install teTeX for me. However, if I invoke "sudo port
upgrade gnuplot" (when the gnuplot is already the newest version), it
starts to install teTeX. Why would it do this? Is there any problem in
the implementation of the "upgrade" command, or did I miss anything in
the configuration?

Best
Regards,

Xin Liu