/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog missing - was Error xmlto port

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon Jun 4 01:34:59 PDT 2007

On 04/06/2007, at 04:21, markd at macports.org wrote:

> "Adam Mercer" <ramercer at gmail.com> on Saturday, June 2, 2007 at
> 9:25 PM
> -0800 wrote:
>> I'm getting the following error when trying to install the xmlto
>> port,
>> anyone know a way round this?
>>
>> --->  Fetching xmlto
>> --->  Attempting to fetch xmlto-0.0.18.tar.bz2 from
>> http://cyberelk.net/tim/data/xmlto/stable/
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for xmlto
>> --->  Extracting xmlto
>> --->  Configuring xmlto
>> --->  Building xmlto with target all
>> --->  Staging xmlto into destroot
>> Error: Target com.apple.destroot returned: shell command " cd
>> "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>> _dports_textproc_xmlto/work/xmlto-0.0.18"
>> && make install XML_CATALOG_FILES=/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog
>> DESTDIR=/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>> _dports_textproc_xmlto/work/destroot
>
> I don't know, but I see the same thing trying to install scrollkeeper.
>
> checking for xml2-config... /opt/local/bin/xml2-config
> checking libxml2 version... 2.6.28
> checking for xslt-config... /opt/local/bin/xslt-config
> checking which XML catalog to use... /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog
> checking for DocBook XML DTD... configure: error: not found. Make
> sure you
> have the DocBook DTD installed and ensure that it is registered in
> /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog.

Bah, this is my fault.  I didn't think to check that the sources for
DocBook XML V4.1.2 have an XML catalog file included.  It has an
_SGML_ catalog file, but using that is really not the best way to fix
it.  Hold tight while I create one (along the lines of that in the
other docbook-xml-4.* ports) and stick it in as a patchfile;
hopefully I can upload it in a few hours, but if not, I'll do it
tomorrow morning.  Alternatively, if anybody else wants to do it and
beat me to it, feel free :-)

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--