/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog missing - was Error xmlto port

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Mon Jun 4 21:45:52 PDT 2007

Hi Adam and Mark,

Well, I've addressed the issue that Mark reported:

> I don't know, but I see the same thing trying to install scrollkeeper.
>
> checking for xml2-config... /opt/local/bin/xml2-config
> checking libxml2 version... 2.6.28
> checking for xslt-config... /opt/local/bin/xslt-config
> checking which XML catalog to use... /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog
> checking for DocBook XML DTD... configure: error: not found. Make
> sure you
> have the DocBook DTD installed and ensure that it is registered in
> /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog.

in revision 25899 [1].  However, re-reading Adam's output:

<snip>
> --->  Staging xmlto into destroot
> Error: Target com.apple.destroot returned: shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_textproc_xmlto/work/xmlto-0.0.18"
> && make install XML_CATALOG_FILES=/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog
> DESTDIR=/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_textproc_xmlto/work/destroot
> " returned error 2
> Command output: cannot parse
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/
> docbook.xsl
> Variable $SGML_CATALOG_FILES not set
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/
> docbook.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/
> docbook.xsl"
> cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/
> manpages/docbook.xsl
> for xml in xmlif.xml xmlto.xml; do \
>  FORMAT_DIR=./format XSL_DIR=./xsl \
>   bash ./xmlto -o man/man1 man ./doc/$xml ; \
> done || ( RC=$?; cat ./FAQ; exit $RC )
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/
> docbook.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/
> docbook.xsl"
<snip />

I realise that we have a different problem here; for some reason,
catalog entries for the DocBook XSL stylesheets (rather than the
DocBook XML DTDs) are not being found.  Adam, could I ask which
version of the docbook-xsl port you have installed?  If you have a
version earlier than the current one (1.72.0), then an upgrade should
hopefully fix it.  If, however, you already have 1.72.0 installed,
then it would help greatly if you could let me know whether or not
the following files exist, and if they do, what their contents are:

/etc/xml/catalog
${prefix}/etc/xml/catalog

Thanks,

Maun Suang