/opt/local/bin/su and messed up macports

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu May 3 05:37:14 PDT 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 8:21 AM, John Lauck wrote:
> Is there a subversion version 1.4.3_0 and 1.4.3_1 ?

Sure.

The number after the underscore is the macports 'revision' number. It
just means I updated something with the subversion port after I
created the 1.4.3 version (from the commit log, I can see that it was
a change to the +tools variant to build and install the 'mucc' tool
instead of just its source code).

> From what I can tell it's as if I installed two identical versions
> of several packages.  Is that even possible?  Do these two versions
> of svn exist in the MacPorts repository?

You can only have one version active at a time (and you probably
don't need both). You can uninstall the older (1.4.3_0) version.

> Also, I can't remember what package installs /opt/local/bin/su,

I don't know which port installs it, but macports remembers.

run 'port provides /opt/local/bin/su' and it will tell you.

--
Daniel J. Luke