Emacs and Leopard problems continue

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Feb 5 00:32:03 PST 2008

Disclaimer: I am happy with my configured Aquamacs on Mac OS X, but
essentially I have configured it to work like a plain GNU Emacs: no
toolbar, only a single window, and most other "fancy Mac specials" it
provides I'd probably also switch off).
It's great that way;-)

On 04.02.2008, at 20:18, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> The leopard shipped emacs is linked with Carbon.  You don't NEED X
> for that version if you use the app wrapper I sent out - it supports
> the NATIVE window system.

How is one supposed to find that out?

 > otool -L /usr/bin/emacs
/usr/bin/emacs:
	/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 111.0.0)

Why is Emacs.app not part of Mac OS X?
When / how long will this Carbon Emacs be supported?

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll