libxml2 checksum failed

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:47:52 PST 2008

I am trying to install libxml2 using macport 1.6 and get the following
errors:--->  Fetching libxml2
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for libxml2
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for libxml2-2.6.30.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for libxml2-2.6.30.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for libxml2-2.6.30.tar.gz
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
checksums

I have tried to remove the downloaded file and start over -- that has lead
to other issues.  How do I remove a port and start over?

Thanks

Michael