xfig patch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 22 12:56:24 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 09:19, Patrick González wrote:

> I have installed MacPorts in the intend of using xfig.
> Unfortunatly, the port of xfig does not work. Apparently, someone
> posted a patch file to address this issue but I have no idea how to
> use this patch file. I have looked the user guide but it was of
> little help since it explains more how to create such patch file
> than how to use it.
>
> Can someone explain me how to fix the xfig port step by step ?

That would generally be:

	cd `port dir portname`
	sudo patch -p0 < /path/to/patchfile

For example:

	cd `port dir xfig`
	sudo patch -p0 < ~/Desktop/Portfile-xfig.diff

Now, if xfig is already installed, uninstall it:

	sudo port uninstall xfig

Then clean the xfig work area, just to be sure:

	sudo port clean --work xfig

Then you can try install ing it again:

	sudo port install xfig

Maybe Paul can also comment on why the patch has not yet been added
to the portfile?