can't find expat header

Michael Thon mike.thon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:17:28 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Harry van der Wolf wrote:

> One last thing to check is whether Macports /opt/local/bin comes
> before /usr/bin (where Aplle bison resides) in your PATH.
> From the terminal do a "set | grep PATH"
> It should have /opt/local/bin as first entry, otherwise it will
> still pick the "old" binaries from Apple and Xcode.
> If it already has /opt/local/bin before /usr/bin, I'm out of options.
> If it doesn't have has /opt/local/bin before /usr/bin, change
> your .profile in your home directory with vi or pico. If you don't
> want to change your .profile you can temporarily override the patch
> in your terminal by issueing:
> "export PATH=/opt/local/bin;/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin;"

PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Users/mike/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/
usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

I tried compiling in on my laptop, which  has Mac OS 10.5.2 (the other
machine has 10.4) and interestingly enough, I get a different error
when compiling.  On the leopard machine the error is "ld: symbol(s)
not found" and what I think is a different point in the compilation.

I'll contact the author of the software and see if he has any tips
Mike