postfix, dovecot, mysql

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Apr 22 19:03:13 PDT 2009

Hello, I have been trying for a few weeks on and off, and solid a few
days to get a working postfix, dovecot system with macports, using
mysql for auth.

Has anyone gotten this up and running?  I believe I am stuck on the
fact that I need sasl support in postfix and dovecot.  I believe the
current postfix and dovecot ports are not going to allow this to work.

The closest I can find ports related is http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/SetupDovecot
  which is pretty out of date.

The rest of the data out there is pretty non OS X specific, and I
believe the differences are getting me stuck.  This one is
particularly problematic is you can not entirely step through it one
port at a time, since all the parts tend to hook into each other one
way or another.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.