postfix, dovecot, mysql

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Apr 23 02:49:25 PDT 2009

I have been making some progress on this.  Doc'ing it as I go, so I
can ideally give back to that wiki page something a little more
comprehensive.

On start of postfix, I get two errors:
root at catalyst:/opt/local/etc/postfix/ $postfix start
postsuper: warning: bogus file name: maildrop/.turd_postfix
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by _postfix: /opt/local/var/
lib/postfix/./.turd_postfix
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

Seems to start ok, and I can change the permissions to solve it.  Is
there any harm in deleting the poop?  I think those tell ports to not
delete a directory, so by doing so, I could break something later on
down the road?

Should this be filed as a ticket to make sure those permissions get
set correctly?