imagemagick

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Wed Dec 30 14:05:06 PST 2009

I noticed someone writing about imagemagick and remembered something
that took me an hour or so to figure out.

At the time the MacPorts ImageMagick port did not find /opt/local/gs
for converting pdf's and ai files. I think that's what I was doing.

I ended up needing to edit "/opt/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.5.8/config/
delegates.xml" and fix the path to gs (GhostScript).

This may have been fixed or maybe I was doing something weird.

I think the conversion worked from the command line but php5's Imagick
didn't find gs which kinda makes sense. I couldn't figure out how to
alter php5/Imagick's environment to have it find gs so I just fixed
the paths in /opt/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.5.8/config/delegates.xml.

Maybe this will help someone.

// Brad