php5 & "port test php5"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 27 04:04:21 PDT 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 05:35, drf wrote:

> I wanted to include a few extensions, and dropped one from the
> supported list IIRC.  I also wanted to compile against an install
> of Percona's MySQL - I could not find anything in the ports list of
> MacPorts related to Percona.  Like I said, my install of PHP failed
> the same set of tests the MacPorts compile of PHP did, so it's not
> something specific to MacPorts I presume.

This is the first I've heard of Percona's MySQL before. It seems they
have written patches to improve MySQL in various performance-related
ways? Perhaps we could integrate some or all of their patches into
the mysql5 port. If you desire this, please file tickets with more
details.

>> I have not attempted to compile php5 as a universal binary or 64-
>> bit. I would not be surprised if it did not work. If you try it
>> and it works, or if you can figure out how to make it work, please
>> let us know.
>
> But if the test suite doesn't work, how does one really know...?   :)

I meant: if you can get php5 to even compile universal, for any
combination of universal architectures, that would be good to know
(and if you cannot, that would be good to know too). I'm not even
sure all of php5's dependencies can be compiled universal. I simply
have not yet tried.

I just ran the tests for 5.3.0RC1 (am in the process of updating the
php5-devel port to that version); here's the summary:

Number of tests : 9537              7891
Tests skipped   : 1646 ( 17.3%) --------
Tests warned    :    3 (  0.0%) (  0.0%)
Tests failed    :   31 (  0.3%) (  0.4%)
Expected fail   :    5 (  0.1%) (  0.1%)
Tests passed    : 7852 ( 82.3%) ( 99.5%)
Time taken      : 1428 seconds

When you run the tests, it offers to send a report to the PHP
developers automatically. Hopefully they're reading these reports and
making improvements.