Issue with mutt-devel after MacPorts update

Doctor Who whodoctor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 06:49:50 PDT 2009

I had mutt-devel working with no issues on my Snow Leopard install
until I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of MacPorts to the
latest version.  The issue is specifically with getting the
"headercache" piece working again.

I install mutt-devel with the following variants:

sudo port install mutt-devel +headercache +gpgme +imap +ssl +sidebar

mutt-devel then appears to install without issue, but when I launch
mutt and authenticate, mutt hangs at:

Fetching message headers... 0/3106 (0%)

and does not progress past this point.

If I install mutt without the +headercache variant and launch mutt, I
get an error message complaining about the reference to headercache in
my .muttrc that can be reconciled, but otherwise I can download and
view the mail.

Any ideas about how I can get my mutt working again with the
headercache option?  Not sure why it was working before the MacPorts
update but is not working now.

Thanks.