Ports applications are not shown to Mac Application menu

C. Santos csatmrit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:59:49 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> I'm not sure what the "Mac Application menu" is. Do you just mean what you
> see in the Applications folder in the Finder?
>
> Most software installed with MacPorts is command-line only, not to be
> launched by double-clicking something in the Finder. So I think the only
> thing you're missing is that this is how things are meant to work.
>
> If there are individual programs that you believe should show up in the
> Applications folder that do not, you can file an enhancement request ticket
> for each port. But for most command-line programs, it can't be done simply.

Yes.  My Applications folder can also be accessed through Finder.

I was trying first to find out if these issues were my problems considering
I am very new to Mac and BSD, MacPorts.  I don't think I'd request a ticket
for this and give extra work for developers.  If those software are command
line applications so I am satisfied and period.

Thanks for your support and time
Csat