Fwd: GnCash Documents & GnuCash problems

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 23:14:19 PST 2010

And here a copy to macports as well since I forgot:

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Dan Ports <dports at ambulatoryclam.net>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 09:20:58AM +0300, Jasper Frumau wrote:
> > OK. Well on start-up of GnuCash I get an error pop-up saying:
> >
> > *An Error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
> > GnuCash. Some of your configuration settings might not work properly*.
>
> The error messages you posted don't exactly match the ones I've seen,
> but this is usually a problem with accessing dbus. Did you follow the
> instructions when installing launchd to run:
>  sudo launchctl load -w
> /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
>  launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

Yes I believe I did all that several months ago. How can I check again if
they are running?

> Another possibility (which might only affect me): if you're running
> gnucash within the "screen" program, it doesn't currently work; you
> need to run it outside screen. (If you don't know what that means, it
> doesn't affect you.)

Well when I startup GnuCash from the terminal I can get it to work:

Jaspers-MacBook-Pro:~ jasper$ gnucash

gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure
time.

Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-2FLfqI/:0".
Found Finance::Quote version 1.15
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  584: Plugin type "ct" unregistered
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  584: Plugin type "configmgr" unregistered
gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  584: Plugin type "dbio" unregistered

When I start it up from my X11 applications menu I get the errors I
mentioned before. So I guess I can either start it up from the command line
to use it or maybe check out other options..