Gimp-app not responding - broken X11?

Gabriele Kahlout gabriele at mysimpatico.com
Fri Apr 22 01:20:57 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2011, at 00:50, Gabriele Kahlout wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> If you actually have anything installed in /sw/bin, /sw/sbin,
> /usr/local/bin, that's not supported when using MacPorts and could cause
> problems; you should remove anything installed there.
> >
> > So should I empty those folders or remove them from the path?
>
> Yes, you should remove things in those directories. Their presence can
> interfere with some software in MacPorts that may look for files
> specifically in those locations, regardless of your PATH. Once you've
> removed things from those directories, of course, having those directories
> in your PATH serves no purpose so you can remove them from your PATH as
> well; see below:
>
> > I've done the latter but they keep on getting added  at startup.
>
> You probably mean they keep getting added every time you make a new
> terminal window, probably because your terminal startup script says to do
> so; edit that script and remove the lines that do that. Likely files are
> ~/.bashrc, ~/.bash_profile, ~/.profile...
>

> I don't have ~/.bashrc, ~/.bash_profile. In .profile this apparently was
the faulty line:
*test -r /sw/bin/init.sh && . /sw/bin/init.sh*

--
Regards,
K. Gabriele

--- unchanged since 20/9/10 ---
P.S. If the subject contains "[LON]" or the addressee acknowledges the
receipt within 48 hours then I don't resend the email.
subject(this) ∈ L(LON*) ∨ ∃x. (x ∈ MyInbox ∧ Acknowledges(x, this) ∧ time(x)
< Now + 48h) ⇒ ¬resend(I, this).

If an email is sent by a sender that is not a trusted contact or the email
does not contain a valid code then the email is not received. A valid code
starts with a hyphen and ends with "X".
∀x. x ∈ MyInbox ⇒ from(x) ∈ MySafeSenderList ∨ (∃y. y ∈ subject(x) ∧ y ∈