problem building qt4-x11 on SL

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 2 18:56:57 PST 2011

Remember to Reply All so the discussion stays on the mailing list.

On Dec 2, 2011, at 16:00, Frédéric Dubois wrote:

> ;-) its a long story ... in fact I try to build pythonocc on Mac (http://www.pythonocc.org) and
> it seems this package (qt4-x11) is mandatory (even if deprecated as you told me) ...
> I guess I need to ask some additional explanation to pythonocc developers.

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly look through their web site. Where does it say that it needs qt4-x11? Have you tried what happens if you just install qt4-mac instead?

> By the way what is the current qt-x11 up to date release ?

qt4-x11 could presumably be updated to the latest version of Qt, i.e. the same as the qt4-mac port: 4.7.4. But nobody has done so.