problem building qt4-x11 on SL

Frédéric Dubois Frederic.Dubois at univ-montp2.fr
Sat Dec 3 02:15:19 PST 2011

Hello,

Pythonocc uses occ (or oce), an open-source CAD library, which relies on
X11.
Therefore I try to uses a python based gui able to manage X11.
I tried :
   - py-xlib but its only available for python 2.4
   - wxPython but it seems it only compiles i386 and I was not able to
obtain a 64-bits library
   - pyQt + qt4-x11 but this last library is broken.

It would be great that one of these possibilities works with python2.7 +
64 bits + Snow Leopard.
By the way I will see with pythonocc developers if it exists an other
possibility.

Thanks for help and your nice job.
Regards.

PS: oce + pythonocc seem to be a nice approach for people needing a CAD
tool (with python scripting) and
for free.

--
Frédéric Dubois, Eng, PhD