gcc-4.6.2 and M4 dependencies

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 3 08:58:48 PST 2011

On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:48, benedicte jourdain wrote:

> I'm a newbie to macport and this list running tiger 10.4.11 on ppc G5 970 FX.

Welcome! Note that sadly Tiger is not terribly well-supported in MacPorts anymore since it is so old. If you find problems we can try to fix them, but no promises.

> yesterday, i install macport and then an ambitious gcc-4.6.2 from scratch. The standard M4 (/usr/bin) version is only 1.4.2 and install process need a more recent version.
> Could you please add the dependency ?

Please file a bug report in the issue tracker for this. Also please indicate in the report whether earlier and/or later versions of gcc are also affected or whether it's only gcc46.

> Is it possible to retrieve the ./configure params (if some) after install ?

After install? No. They're recorded in the main.log (the file identified by e.g. the command "port logfile gcc46") but MacPorts deletes the log after a successful install. If you want it to keep the log, set "keeplogs yes" in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf.