use macports clang 3.1

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 10 10:14:04 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm experimenting with build the root port with macports clang.

Looking at

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler

I thought I could just set configure.compiler to macports-clang-3.1, analogously to how I use macports gcc compilers, but this fails to configure. I get

:notice:configure --->  Configuring root
:error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: Invalid value for configure.compiler
:debug:configure Backtrace: Invalid value for configure.compiler
    while executing
"[ditem_key $ditem prerun] $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for root): org.macports.configure

what am I doing wrong ?

cheers Chris