Mailman newbie questions

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 03:54:33 PST 2011

Managed it:

$ sudo /opt/local/share/mailman/bin/newlist mailman
Password:
Enter the email of the person running the list: jasper at domain.net
Initial mailman password:
To finish creating your mailing list, you must edit your /etc/aliases (or
equivalent) file by adding the following lines, and possibly running the
`newaliases' program:

## mailman mailing list
mailman:              "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman post
mailman"
mailman-admin:        "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman admin
mailman"
mailman-bounces:      "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman bounces
mailman"
mailman-confirm:      "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman confirm
mailman"
mailman-join:         "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman join
mailman"
mailman-leave:        "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman leave
mailman"
mailman-owner:        "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman owner
mailman"
mailman-request:      "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman request
mailman"
mailman-subscribe:    "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe
mailman"
mailman-unsubscribe:  "|/opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe
mailman"

Hit enter to notify mailman owner...

Now I just need to make the aliases. Apparently I can do that using
newaliases. Using mannewaliases I got a sendmail manual page. Is it part of
sendmail?