Does gcc45 support -arch?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:27:59 PST 2011

> Outside of MacPorts (and even within MacPorts, when you've selected a non-Apple compiler using `configure.compiler`), `-arch` is not passed to the compiler by default. Either the specific third-party software you're trying to build is doing so deliberately (if this is the case, patch that software to not do that); or it's making use of

It is a little strange to me that more than I got the -arch problem
for more than one third party packages. I'd suspect that there is some
configuration issues on my mac machine, otherwise it not be likely to
have several packages have the same problem. But this is just my
speculation.

--
Regards,
Peng