having programs launch on reboot

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:02:52 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 15:03, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought the -w switch was supposed to disable the "Disabled" key, but,
> as I said, the programs didn't start up automatically on reboot. I will try
> again.

It does, but on Snow Leopard and Lion this will only change state hidden
inside launchd's private config; that is, it will not actually edit the
plist file as it did in Leopard and earlier, so simply checking for that
key in the plist won't tell you anything.

You might want to check /Applications/Utilities/Console.app to see if
apache logged any errors.