Error when trying to install putty

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 14 15:36:08 PDT 2013

Remember to Reply All so your reply goes to the group too, not just to me.

On Jul 14, 2013, at 11:28, Giuseppe Tumminia wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thank you for your prompted answer. Yes all the other ports have the same outcome.  I was force to use a different alternative from putty.  I went with serterm @ https://code.google.com/p/serterm/ a better option for what I need to do. But if you have any idea what is going on I am all ears.
>
> Ciao,
> Giuseppe

I'm sorry you had trouble using MacPorts. But I can only repeat what I already said: as the error message said, for some reason, MacPorts cannot open the Portfile. The reasons that occur to me for that are that the Portfile does not exist or the "macports" user cannot read it due to incorrect permissions of either the file or a directory leading up to it. Please check whether either of those are the case and let us know. If you need more detailed instructions for checking either of those, let us know.